The Overhead Crane Technician will perform various tasks while working out in the field. Installations, repair service and preventative maintenance including inspections of overhead cranes, hoists and other material handling equipment .
The Crane Service Technician will interact with customers and fellow employees while reporting to the Service Manager.
The Crane Service Technician is responsible for performing the following job functions:
• Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Determine extent of repair required.
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
• Service attachments and working tools.
• Perform crane inspections, repairs, installations and respond to breakdown calls.
• Utilize daily opportunities to train and instruct, along with more formal training, is required.
• Inspect hoists, cranes, systems, chain falls and pullers.
• Examine all inspection tests, findings or repairs and obtain customer satisfaction.
• Test each crane repair for complete functionality.
• Complete daily paperwork accurately and completely; time tickets, service reports,inspection reports and sales lead generation.
• Setup, operate, adjust and maintain all service machines and equipment.
• Maintain all company equipment and tools in compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and certifications.
• Collect, develop and formalize information for proposals of all replacement and repair opportunities and forward appropriately.
• Display a professional image and work within a team environment to accomplish goals.
• Maintain work area, equipment and tools in a clean and organized manner, following all safety guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.