Junior Mechanical Designer
Manager of Engineering
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Junior Mechanical Designer takes part in day-to-day activities pertaining to the design of equipment by the engineering team. In this role, you will be called upon to develop 2D & 3D models of equipment, produce assembly and detail/shop drawings, as well as all other technical documentation required to carry out projects. You will interface with other members of the engineering team, estimating/sales, service group and the shop floor personnel.
- Producing designs for new fabrications and existing mechanical upgrades,
- Produce assembly and detail/shop drawings for production,
- Develop the technical documents required to carry out projects,
- Assist in preparing cost estimates and sourcing products,
- Produce BOM’s and material requisitions,
- Perform site visits to validate scope requirements, measurements to confirm work envelope, and identifying mechanical components on existing equipment.
Functional Skill Requirements
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position,
- Heavy Industrial Equipment Experience,
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Mechanical or Structural (Civil) Engineering Technology,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks computer-assisted design (CAD) software,
- Experience in designing machine-welded assemblies, a major asset,
- Experience in structural design, an asset,
- Knowledge of Knowledge of CSA W59 and CMAA specifications, an asset,
- Proficiency with office software (Word, Excel, Outlook),
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams,
- Ability to manage priorities and work on various projects concurrently,
- Professional diligence,
- Drive and creativity,
- Valid driver’s license.
Education and experience
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Structural Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Drafting: 3 years (Required)
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Mechanical or Structural (Civil) Engineering Technology, DiplT.
Company: Zelus Material Handling