Welding Supervisor (afternoon shift)
Zelus Material Handling, one of Ontario’s leading service providers and manufacturers of overhead-cranes and material handling solutions, is currently recruiting for an afternoon shift, Welding Supervisor in the Tillsonburg area.
- Read, interpret and follow work orders
- Process specifications, engineered drawings and blueprints
- Operate equipment according to procedures including Canadian Welding Bureau
- Safely set up and operate heavy duty metal working machines. (torches, drills, dye grinders, hammers, levels, and overhead cranes to rig, hoist and move materials within work site
- Communicating information to supervisor (concerns, tooling issues, maintenance concerns and production requirements)
- Supervise team members
- Ensure the quality of our products meet both Zelus’ and the customers standards
- Encourage continuous improvement specific to weld and fabrication processes
- Work with new hires to improve their weld and fabrication capabilities.
- Assist in implementing Canadian Welding Bureau certification
- Manage work in progress and maintain a shop production schedule
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and in a safe manner
- Ensure hours are logged to proper job and submitted daily
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by enforcing standards and procedures; complying with all Health & Safety regulations
- Perform any additional duties as assigned
Functional Skill Requirements
Education and experience
- Community college education and/or related industry/manufacturing/technical experience
- Customer focused with the ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong welding knowledge of mild steel welding using MCAW, FCAW
- Experience in welding and grinding skills are required
- Ability to recognize welder faults and correct them through training.
- High attention to detail and very accurate with the ability to read customer supplied and in-house Engineered Drawings
- Fitting and welding knowledge for Custom Fabrication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others
- Strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- CWB certified in MCAW flat position
- Demonstrated knowledge of welding equipment (including cranes), and its application.
- Safety conscious.
Join the Zelus Team!!
Company: Zelus Material Handling