Zelus Material Handling, one of Ontario’s leading service providers and manufacturers of overhead cranes and material handling solutions, is currently recruiting for afternoon shift Welders in the Tillsonburg Ontario area.
The Welder will interact with fellow welders in the shop while reporting to the Production Manager.
The Welder (afternoon shift) is responsible for performing the following job functions:
- Inspect incoming material
- Finish welding of assigned parts as per the drawings supplied for the specific part
- Repair any deficiencies found during the inspection
- Welding must be completed in accordance with applicable standards and procedures
- Ensure part is complete and ready for the next step in the production process
- Guiding and liaising with other employees in their area
- Ensure work area is kept clean and clear of hazards (ie: Wiping down equipment)
- Ensure correct information is recorded in time and attendance system
- Ensure production information is recorded in the in process quality system
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
- Proper use of shop supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Functional Skill Requirements
- Uses or operates equipment in a safe manner
- Reports defects in equipment
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and it regulations
- Reports any known workplace hazards or contraventions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act to their supervisor or employer
- Is aware of their rights under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including the right to refuse unsafe work and the right to know about any potential hazards to which they may be exposed in the workplace.
- Execute all the weld procedures required in the welding area, including the necessary preparation, such as grinding or arc air
- Understand welding procedures and practices including welding symbols
- Understand and perform proper fit up techniques
- Grind and clean using a wire wheel
- Be able to perform basic visual weld inspections appearance, fusion, penetration, etc.
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Understand material characteristics and requirements (i.e.: thickness, width, sweep and camber tolerances)
- Operation and limitation of all machinery and equipment in area
- Material handling techniques (use of cranes, slings, etc)
Education and experience
- Secondary school diploma or high school equivalent as a minimum;
- Welders certificate or ticket
- Maintain a level of education necessary to keep pace with new manufacturing technology and company requirements.
Apply NOW and Join the Zelus team!
Company: Zelus Material Handling