Software Integrator and Developer
The software integrator and developer is a new role to our organization but it has the potential for a big impact on how we operate our business and our ongoing success. The main goal of this role is to analyze business requirements, research and find off-the-shelf software where possible, develop customizations and integrations with existing internal and external systems, and provide training and support to the business and its end-users.
This dynamic role is very open ended; working independently and on teams you will play the role of:
- Analyst/Architect – work closely with stakeholders and team members to gather, understand and translate requirements into elegant solutions
- Software Integrator – using off-the-shelf, preferably free and open-source, software you will set-up, integrate, customize and train end-users
- DevOps – develop, maintain, deploy and support beautiful solutions by following coding and security best-practices in a mixed, but MS heavy, environment
- IT Member – take part in our Agile process, solution design, code-reviews, testing, team-building, continuous learning, 1-on-1 sessions and coaching
You can expect to work with the following types of CRMs, ERPs, reporting and database services, collaboration tools, and CAD/CAM solutions. You will also work with IoT networks and devices, mobile devices and third-party developers.
Functional Skill Requirements
To succeed in this role you identify with the following statements:
- I have a passion for crafting quality solutions.
- I can think on my feet, outside the box and sometimes on the run.
- I love working in a team, adapting to rapidly changing requirements and slinging jokes.
- I never stop learning, experimenting, searching.
- I know what TDD or BDD is and I have used them in the past.
- Pressure, what pressure?
Education and experience
- I have a strong grasp of modern languages like PHP, Ruby, C#, Java, etc. and I have had some exposure to MS and the .NET environment and I am not afraid to learn on the fly.
- I prefer modern web development and have solid knowledge of MVC, JS, CSS and HTML and believe that PWAs are the future.
- I experiment constantly and like to try new things.
- I have developed an Android app, a progressive web app or a responsive web page with offline abilities.
- I craft the most elegant SQL or T-SQL statements you have ever seen.
- I have never written code without using source control.
- My microwave might be controlled by my smart phone.
Recent graduates are welcome to apply. We are seeking strong candidates with a great work ethic who are looking for a job to call home as they learn and gain experience.
Company: Steelway Building Systems