The software developer role is very open ended; working independently and on teams you will play the role of:
- Analyst/Architect – work closely with stakeholders and team members to gather, understand and translate requirements into elegant solutions
- DevOps – develop, maintain, deploy and support beautiful solutions by following coding and security best-practices in a mixed, but MS heavy, environment
- IT Member – take part in our Agile process, solution design, code-reviews, testing, team-building, continuous learning, 1-on-1 sessions and coaching
Functional Skill Requirements
Education and experience
You might be a good fit if you identify with the statements below:
- I have a passion for crafting quality solutions.
- I can think on my feet, outside the box and sometimes on the run.
- I love working in a team, adapting to rapidly changing requirements and slinging jokes.
- I never stop learning, experimenting, searching.
- I know what TDD or BDD is and I have used them in the past.
- Pressure, what pressure?
- I work in a MS environment and develop in C#.
- or I have worked in a modern language like C#, PHP, Ruby, Java, etc. and I have had some exposure to MS and the .NET environment and I am not afraid to learn on the fly.
- I am not afraid of web development.
- I follow bugs on ASP .NET Core MVC’s GitHub repo.
- I have developed an Android app, a progressive web app or a responsive web page with offline abilities.
- I craft the most elegant SQL or T-SQL statements you have ever seen.
- I have never written code without using source control.
- I have three (3) or more years’ experience and a post-secondary Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field.
- My microwave is controlled by my smart phone
Company: Steelway Building Systems