Shipping & Receiving
Supply Chain Manager
The purpose of the Shipper/Receiver is to control and action the shipping and receipt of all goods to/from company based on defined policies and procedures.
The Shipper/Receiver will interact with all employees while reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. The position works closely with all other departments, while controlling the movement of goods to/from the facility, in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the same day receipt/shipment of all goods;
- Ensure that all items purchased are received into various systems same day;
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area, knowledgeable on the locations of all stored items;
- Ensure locations are correct in the system when receiving
- Ensure proper paperwork/documents are prepared and accompany all shipments;
- Follow up on important task or issues.
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment;
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipment;
- Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping;
- Maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required;
- Prepare documents such as work orders
- Record shipment data for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes;
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials;
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications;
- Store shipping supplies to maintain stock inventory;
- Maintain shipping and receiving area;
- Deliver or route materials to other departments using materials handling devices;
- Liaison with co-workers is needed to co-ordinate the movement of goods into and out of the warehouse;
- Draft and implementation of any departmental ISO policies and/or procedures;
- Provide backup for Supply Chain Manager;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Functional Skill Requirements
- Work with co-workers to ensure timely completion of purchasing tasks;
- Interact with Supply Chain Manager to ensure policies and procedures are being followed;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Base knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Packaging tools (e.g. staplers, tape guns, strapping machines, hammers);
- Material Handling Equipment (e.g. Overhead crane, dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, jacks, pallet trucks, wrapping machinery);
- Scanning equipment (e.g. bar code scanning equipment);
- Highly organized;
- Good planning and problem solving skills – critical thinking;
- Work independently;
- Exercise good judgment;
- Respect and protect confidentiality.
Education and experience
- Secondary school diploma or high school equivalent as a minimum;
- Five years experience in shipping/receiving;
- Maintain a level of education necessary to keep pace company requirements.
Company: Zelus Material Handling