The purpose of the Service Manager, supports the Service Department and assist in the scheduled maintenance service and repair of Overhead Cranes and material handling equipment.
The Service Manager will be responsible for the supervision of a team of technicians, ensures customer satisfaction is maintained and any follow up or estimates are submitted in a timely manner while providing a leadership role to all employees. The Service Manager helps to build the service structure in the branch and ensures adherence to safety policies and procedures.
The Service Manager is responsible for performing the following job functions:
- Develops effective communication and strong customer, client and supplier relationships to aid business retention (Customer & Client satisfaction).
- Daily scheduling of technicians.
- Service repair estimating.
- Implements company HR policies, procedures and initiatives that develop multi skilled flexible work force and foster good practice employee relations.
- Review of correspondence and work orders.
- Actively addresses customer service issues.
- Maintains a close awareness of all performance measures.
Functional Skill Requirements
Education and experience
- Minimum five years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience in a similar role is considered a strong asset.
- Electrical /Mechanical technical knowledge.
- Ability to manage an operational budget.
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills; deals with conflict effectively.
- Must be a strong multi-tasker, and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong computer and trouble-shooting skills.
Company: Zelus Material Handling