Controller – Steelway Building Systems, indirectly to the General Manager
To complete and supervise finance and administration tasks for the company.
The Senior Accountant will interact with all employees while reporting to the Controller – Steelway Building Systems and indirectly to the General Manager. The position works closely with all other departments ensuring daily finance and administrative tasks are completed on a timely basis.
- Working with the Controller to maintain the books and records of the company;
- Ensure timely completion of administration and finance tasks;
- Ensure internal controls are in place;
- Ensuring follow up on important task or issues;
- Supervision of finance and administration tasks;
- Ensure customer invoicing is completed on a timely basis;
- Ensuring accounts receivable collections;
- Ensuring compliance with various customer portals;
- Cash receipts and daily banking;
- Ensure vendor invoices and processed and paid on a timely basis;
- Responsible to ensure all government remittances are completed on time;
- Working with payroll and HR, ensuring that employees are paid timely and accurately;
- Review of general ledger accounts for proper allocation;
- Provide accurate financial information to management as required;
- Assist in the monthly and year-end financial reporting;
- Assist in the preparation and co-ordination of annual budget;
- Act as resource for the General Manager to ensure a free flow of information and a quick resolution of contentious issues;
- Update accounting procedures & policies as required;
- Recommend changes to accounting and reporting systems;
- Ensure workers comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Functional Skill Requirements
- Working with co-workers to ensure timely completion of tasks;
- Interacting with customers to ensure prompt payment of invoices;
- Interacting with Management to ensure policies and procedures are being followed;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Highly organized;
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures;
- Good planning and problem solving skills – critical thinking;
- Work independently;
- To exercise good judgment;
- Respect and protect confidentiality.
Education and experience
- CPA designation or equivalent experience;
- Post-secondary education in business or finance/accounting;
- Five years management work experience;
- Maintain a level of education necessary to keep pace with company requirements.