Range between $35,000 – $40,000
To help improve the Help Desk experience and maintain a consistent level of reliability in IT related systems, you will solve a wide variety of challenges by leveraging your customer service skills, technical training, experience and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
As a Help Desk Analyst, based out of our Aylmer, Ontario facility and reporting to the IT Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day help-desk operations and support of internal and external clients.
- Primary Help Desk agent: provide outstanding customer service to end users; first response ticket intake (phone/email/walk-ins); maintain end-to-end responsibility for customer’s support needs including timely, reliable and courteous communication throughout the ticket lifecycle. Track, accurately record, update documents and monitor service requests via Deskpro to insure timely resolution; keep users informed of status.
- IT Technician: provide support, break-fix/hardware repair and troubleshooting of IT deployed equipment, smartphones, networks, printers, phone systems and software installations via telephone, email, in person, or remotely.
- Desktop Administration and Support: Configuration of Workstations, software and peripherals, on-boarding and off-boarding of end-users, system patching.
- Create and maintain documentation to be used both within the department and for deployment to end-users, in order to assist all users in the quick resolution of their incidents and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Assist with creating training material including Learning Guides, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and business policies to streamline work approach. Provide training classes and remedial one on one training, as needed.
- Participate in continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Participate in our coaching and review processes, all aimed at making your time with us more memorable and moving your career forward.
- Maintain accurate inventory of deployed hardware/software and license tracking.
- Identify core customer business issues and provides solution recommendations to address them. Develops necessary tools and workshops to successfully identify issues and evaluate recommendations.
- Identify process gaps and translate them into improvement opportunities.
- Assist the Systems Administrator and other IT members with their duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Functional Skill Requirements
- Perform IT support tasks in-person and remotely at a consistent level of quality
- Be available for emergencies when they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal and professional skills
- Strong trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in parallel
Education and experience
- A combination of post-secondary education in an IT related field AND/OR technical certifications AND/OR practical experience with Microsoft products including
- Active Directory
- Windows 7,8,10
- MS office
- Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- A grasp of networking basics including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switch and router configuration
- Experience onboarding new staff – user/email creation, hardware and OS setup
- Linux administration experience
- Helpdesk support experience
- Sophos experience
- VMWare ESXi 6+ experience
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Docker experience
Company: Steelway Building Systems