General Labourer/Material Handler
Starting at $17.30, increasing to $20.36 over 38 weeks.
Plus additional $0.95/hour for the afternoon shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect incoming material
- Interpret information on Bills of Material
- Identify components by job/part number
- Reading and interpreting bills of material
- Safely stacking, loading and unloading of material throughout the production floor
- Guiding and liaising with other employees in their area
- Ensure work area is kept clean and clear of hazards. Includes:
- Sweeping floor
- Wiping down equipment
- Ensure correct information is recorded in time and attendance system
- Ensure production information is recorded in the in-process quality system
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
- Proper use of shop supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Functional Skill Requirements
Must be available to work day or afternoon shifts
Monday – Thursday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Afternoon Shift :
Monday – Thursday 4:00 PM – 3:00 AM
Education and experience
- Secondary school diploma or high school equivalent or ability to work towards achieving
- Maintain a level of education necessary to keep pace with new manufacturing technology and company requirements.
- Material handling techniques
- Operation of all machinery and equipment in area (i.e. forklift)
- Material handling techniques, use of cranes, slings, etc.
Company: Steelway Building Systems