Electrical Design Manager
Zelus Material Handling, one of Ontario’s leading service providers and manufacturers of overhead cranes and material handling solutions, is currently recruiting for an Electrical Designer.
The Electrical Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include:
- Using AutoCAD to modify existing drawings to reflect changes.
- Create electrical schematics, and create equipment layout and drawings.
- Creating bills of materials.
- Assisting with the production of maintenance manuals using Microsoft word/Adobe.
- Project management.
- Programming of electronic devices.
- Modify and download a logic program to a PLC.
- Create a PLC logic programs.
- Technical assistance.
- Assist shop personnel during manufacturing.
- Assist installation and service personnel to debug equipment.
- Estimating material and labor costs.
Functional Skill Requirements
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision.
- Experiences in balancing electrical design work in conjunction with mechanical assemblies.
- Strong interpersonal skills; deals with conflict effectively.
- Must be a strong multi-tasker, and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong ability in Electrical troubleshooting.
- Strong computer skills, Proficient with Microsoft word and excel.
- Problem solving.
- Proven ability to design electrical control systems for industrial machinery.
- Ability to read and understand basic ladder logic motor control electrical schematics.
- Previous experience with Canadian Electrical code.
Company: Zelus Material Handling