Vice President of Business Development
The District Manager is responsible for managing our builder network and all products/brands sold through this channel to market. In additional to Steelway Building Systems, these products/brands include Zelus Material Handling overhead cranes and ExSteel Building Components. Both Steelway and Zelus are sold, managed and supported by the District Manager. Building components will be sold by ExSteel to the builder network, with the District Manager supporting and managing the builder relationship, in order to maximize ExSteel’s selling efforts.
The District Manager – Eastern Ontario Region is accountable for effectively managing the builder network in the assigned territory, including appointing, developing, directing and motivating their group of builders, to generate a profitable sales volume and market share, in conjunction with departmental planning, guidelines and objectives.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the District Manager requires contact with other district personnel, engineering, manufacturing and various headquarter functions. External contacts include builders, prospective builders, architects, consulting engineers, owners and developers.
The District Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, performing the following:
- Manage and monitor overall business activities of the builders within the established territories
- Provide effective leadership in developing, training and motivating the builders and their personnel
- Promote all brands, products and services with architects, engineers, consultants, major accounts, owners and government agencies, to ensure image and product awareness in the marketplace
- Ensure that all enquiries, sales leads and quotation requests are followed up in a prompt and professional manner, by the appropriate builder or otherwise
- Provide assistance to the Builder Organization via coordinating sales efforts, analysis of sales situations, promotional activities, business planning and resolve issues.
- Establish and maintain competent builders in the territory as per marketing goals and objectives
- Ensure that customer accounts are current and be aware of commercial situations affecting the company’s profits and cash flow
- Establish annual territory objectives and sales targets, in conjunction with the overall marketing plan and take the necessary action to accomplish same
- Prepare and submit monthly reports, quarterly reports, forecasts, market analysis reports, special activity reports, competitive analysis reports as may be required
- The incumbent has the latitude to make decisions for effective territory management, including personal schedule, resolution of customer-related problems, adding or cancellation of builders, promotional activities, commercial decisions and general procedural items relating to the company’s customers
Functional Skill Requirements
Education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years technical based or construction sales experience is essential.
- Specifications sales knowledge as well as face to face experience with engineers and architects
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of construction business practices, commercial competence, inter-personal and people skills are a definite requirement for involvement in the resolution of customer problems, negotiations and analytical people situations.
- The incumbent must be a proven self-starter who understands a “sense of urgency” as it relates to the customer and the company.
- This position involves extensive travel via car and air, etc., and from time to time, necessitates long periods “on the road”, requiring endurance and agility.
- Occasionally, site visits and inspections are required. Therefore, normal construction safety hazards are encountered.
- This position requires a work from home environment with the expectation of regular visits to the head office in Alymer.
Company: Steelway Building Systems