Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator
To record and maintain accounts payable and to process payroll and related activities for the Company.
The position is part of the Finance Team and interacts mainly with team members within the Human Resources and Purchasing departments while reporting to the Controller.
The position is accountable for the following:
- All activities in the accounts payable function, ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Maintains the payroll system, responsible for computing, withholding, and deductions associated with net earnings.
The position is responsible for performing the following:
- Ensure the efficient administration of the accounts payable
- Maintain vendors files
- Assist in matching receivers to invoices
- Reconcile accounts payable statements as required
- Prepare payments via cheques, EFT or on-line
- Prepare government remittances, installments, etc.
- Reconcile sales invoices to general ledger
- Maintain capital additions documentation
- Prepare expense analyses and allocations
- Manage employee information/files and ensure all additional pay data is entered into the payroll system for processing
- Generate payroll and deliver EFT to the bank
- Generate, review, and reconcile payroll reports
- Submit related remittances and/or liability payments
- Audit and enter employee expense reports
- Distribute employee correspondence
- Attend to employee inquires with regards to payroll
- Update any rate changes within the operational databases and payroll systems
- Assist others on the team to ensure accurate payroll
- Assist in evaluating processes and contribute suggestions, criticism as needed
- Update accounting procedures & policies as required
- Recommend changes to accounting system
- Assist and back-up Manager-Credit & Collections as required
- Any other duties as assigned
Functional Skill Requirements
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy with standard computer programs
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and with minimal supervision
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education in finance/accounting
- Minimum Community College graduate
- Five years’ experience in accounts payable and/or payroll
- Enrolled or completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification
Company: Steelway Building Systems